Shaping Work Lives with Kursty Groves
As Australians we have been relatively insulated from the impact of COVID unlike the rest of the world, so as part of this season and understand the future of work, I was keen to understand what “work life” looks like on the other side of the globe.
In today’s episode I chat with Kursty Groves a workplace strategist and innovation consultant based in the UK. Kursty helps workplace leaders reinvent the future of work and spaces that support connected cultures. With a background in innovation consulting, capability development and design, Kursty’s approach to workplace is grounded in coaching and co-creation, putting people at the heart.
Her passion lies in seeking to understand what makes work work, and how environments can inspire people to perform their best and you will hear this shine through in this conversation. She is also the author of two books, a postgraduate professor and an award-winning designer with over 20 years experience facilitating innovation and design thinking, as well as the host of The Office Chronicles podcast.
I feel very privileged to have been able to have this conversation with Kursty, to understand her perspective as a fellow workplace strategist and advisor to some of the worlds largest brands.
In today’s chat we discuss;
- What work and life looks like in the UK right now
- The work that she does and how it supports organisations to create enhances workplaces
- How the work and the conversations she is having with organisations has changed over the past 12-18mths
- How organisations that were more innovative and creative in their workplace design faired better through the pandemic and what underpinned that
- Designing intimacy and professional relationships in a world where proximity is no longer the norm
- The question that everyone is asking “is the office dead”
- How Kursty has intentionally and consciously designed her life to work for her