Decoding Tomorrow: a futurist perspective
One of the things that I observed during the last 12mths was how we likened the experience of the pandemic to the themes and realities of science fiction movies. Some more positive experiences such as the opportunities that technology has enabled to connect us into a global community, and others less so, as we navigated the changes to our realities with the introduction of a virus that was beyond our ability to control.
Today’s guest is Futurist and Founder of the think tank and trend analysis firm, Thinque, Anders Sorman-Nilsson. Thinque provide data-based research, foresight and thought leadership assets for global brands across 4 continents with a vision to disseminate and decode “avant garde ideas which expand minds and inspire a change of heart.
Working with clients such as Microsoft, Apple, Facebook and McKinsey to name a few, Anders is an awarded keynote speaker, author and the host of the 2nd Renaissance Podcast.
Through our conversation today we explore
- what is a futurist and the role that they play in supporting organisations to navigate the future.
- How decentralised work will continue to evolve and the impact that this will have on our cities and CBD real estate
- The blend of the physical and virtual work environment
- The skill sets that we will need to harness as Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality become more prominent in our worlds
- The role of creative thinking and innovation in our work
- Anders insights on how we can prepare ourselves for the future
As someone who likes to explore the opportunity the future presents with my clients as we reimagine the work environment, I found this conversation both insightful and human.